One of my lulus shared this Buzzfeed article about ” 19 Grandmas Who Aren’t Even Trying to Be Funny, they just Are”, in which grandmas are documented doing hilarious things like using an ipad as a cutting board.
I feel like my Grandma would never do this kind of stuff my Lulu chatted me.
For the next 5 minutes we proceeded to think of things Asian Grandmas would do, if they were hypothetically documented by a Buzzfeed article:
- Asian Grandma who silently threatens to disown u.
- Asian Grandma who keep feeding you even though you say no.
- Asian Grandma who favors your uncle bc your mom is a girl
- Asian Grandma who cuts in line because that’s how it was done in Asia…and even though it’s America, everyone of all cultures need to respect her
- a. you flinch at the thought of the bad chi you might get from being disrespectful
- b. you might get smacked in the mouth.
- c. mostly because you love them, so the thought never crosses your mind.
Anyways, things I like this week:
UFC 226 – I think I’ve mentioned this before, but Husband and I are big UFC fans and this past weekend was a big fight that we ordered on PPV. Most exciting was the last fight between Cormier vs. Miocic. I’m not going to get into the details, but basically, little guy knocked the big guy out in Round 1.
FIFA Football – The past couple of weeks I’ve been into soccer, basically scheduling my life around it. This morning, I declined working out with my husband because the Belgium and France match was on.
Home-made Instant Pot Yogurt – I made my first ever instant pot yogurt batch. It was pretty easy, just took 9 hours to make. It’s pretty good, I haven’t eaten it sweetened with honey or maple syrup, but put fruit in a cup and mixed it with smoothies. It definitely is healthier for you. The recipe I used made about 16 servings
Apple Pie. Nothing says 4th of July like Apple Pie. And fireworks, and Beer. I made sure we had apple pie this year.
Nothing much is going on with me. It’s starting to be monsoon season, which has cooled the desert down a bit, but makes it a bit humid after the rains. Also, I’m cat sitting my neighbors cat this 🙂 His name is Dusty, and he’s a cutie.
Until next time….